Keep Your Current Phone Number
Did you know you can switch to Page Plus and keep your current phone number? Page Plus allows you to keep your phone number through a simple process called a port-in. A port-in request asks to transfer your phone number from your current provider to Page Plus.
Prior to porting to Page Plus, please ensure your account is in an active status with your current provider. Page Plus will not charge you for porting in; however, you will need to ask your current provider if you will incur any charges from them when porting out.
The information you provide is sent to the Old Service Provider (OSP) for account verification purposes, and filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates Local Number Portability (LNP or “porting”).
Most numbers can be ported from one service provider to another; however, there are exceptions. Generally, if an outbound call can be made from the number, it can be ported to Page Plus. Conversely, if an outbound call cannot be made from the number (such as pagers and toll-free numbers), we generally cannot port the number.
Switch to Page Plus and port your number now
From a Wireless Provider: Port requests from wireless providers should be completed within a few hours. Please allow up to 3 hours before contacting Customer Service to check the status of your port.
From a Wire Line (Landline) Provider: Most port requests from wire line providers (e.g. landline, cable and VOIP companies) take five to ten business days, but can take up to forty-five business days. Port requests from wire line providers may take longer than their wireless counterparts because wire line companies must go through third party account verifications and schedule a disconnect before the number can be transferred. Please allow up to one week before contacting Customer Service to check the status of your port.
If you recently ported out from Page Plus and want to port back in, there is a minimum 5-day waiting period from when the number was ported out.
Please be sure to check the status of your port after you submit your request to ensure your current service provider does not need further information from you. If invalid information or an invalid ESN/MEID is provided, the port request will NOT go through and may later be cancelled if the invalid information is not corrected.
Once your number is active with Page Plus, your next step will be to program your phone.
1. To program your phone, dial *22890 from the cell phone and then press the “Send” or “Call” button to place the call.
2. Programming will typically take around one minute.
3. After your phone displays “Activation Successful,” please turn your mobile phone off and then back on.
4. When your phone is on, please make an outbound call to any known number to activate your Page Plus account.
5. You should hear the following message: “Welcome to your new prepaid wireless service. The temporary passcode to activate your account has been defaulted to the last four digits of your mobile number. To select English as your messaging language, please press 1. Para Español prima dos.”
6. Once you have selected a language, you should hear: “Your account is now active” and then the time available for the call.
7. Please allow the call to connect so that the phone can register with the Page Plus network.
8. Once your phone has registered with the network, you will be able to place and receive calls.
A monthly plan cannot be transferred from one phone number to another (e.g. from your temporary number to your ported number), nor can any initial funds added for the port or activation request be transferred. However, any additional funds added to your temporary number via a $10.00, $25.00, $50.00 or $80.00 Standard plan card/PIN can be transferred.